PID - Pre Ignition Detection
Modern combustion techniques with its increasingly higher charged engines show pronounced shifts of the ignition point which means the mixture remains longer at a higher thermal level. The result is a higher tendency towards pre ignition.
With the new pre ignition detector COMBI PID SMETEC delivers a simple to use tool to quickly determine the pre ignition boundaries. Based on the ion-current measurement technique this system uses the regular built in spark plug. Automatic test-routines shift the ignition point to determine if the combustion was initiated by the spark or by pre-ignition. Besides the optimisation of the combustion process it is possible to determine the heat value of spark plugs
At a Glance
- spark plug heat value validation
- real time capability for over night long term tests
- automatic test procedures
- CAN communication
- encoder or 60-2 signal input
- versatile software package
- multiple statistic functions
- compatible with other COMBI systems
- 12 V for in vehicle testing
- controlling by notebook via IEEE 1394 interface
- dimension: 1 HU, 19"